The most important task of the Hungarian Chamber of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development (NAK), which was established on March 28, 2013, is to strengthen the domestic agricultural and food sector, assert its interests, increase the competitiveness of Hungarian food products, deliver relevant information to farmers, and organization of expert advice.
When the South Transdanubia Regional Food Innovation Cluster was created, the county businesses operating in the food industry still belonged to the Somogyi Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Since 2013, however, the National Chamber of Agrarian Economy represents the companies and producers involved. This justified the entry of NAK into the cluster.
By joining the Cluster, we would like to achieve the following goals in the region:
- promoting cooperation between food industry companies in Somogy county;
- generation of joint developments and projects;
- facilitating the tendering activities of the members;
- promoting the innovation activities of local food industry companies;
- economic revitalization through a cluster;
- community food marketing activity, promotion of local products.